Cow Dance Competition terms & conditions
- This promotion is open to residents of Great Britain, the Channel Islands and the Isle of Man aged 18 and over, excluding employees of the Promoter, their families, agents or anyone professionally connected with the promotion.
To enter, you should:
- view the video of Boadicea’s dance routine at [ ] ; or on Ben & Jerry’s UK facebook channel [http://www.facebook.com/benjerryuk];
- learn the steps shown in the Boadicea video;
- make a video (max 60 seconds – files no larger than 10MB) which shows you performing the routine shown in the Boadicea video; and
- submit your video by email to email@example.com, remembering to include your name, daytime contact number, mobile number (if different) and email address, so that we can contact you on 18 June 2012. Videos must be received by 5.00 pm BST on 18 June 2012.
- The prize will only be awarded to one person, and the video you upload must not feature anyone other than you. Only one entry per person will be accepted.
- Note that you must be able to meet at London Kings Cross Station at 7.00 am BST on 20 June 2012, and be available until 10.00 am. You are responsible for any costs that you incur in relation to your attendance (e.g. transport, accommodation and subsistence costs).
- Entrants must be in good health, free from any short or long term conditions or disabilities that may prevent them from taking part. The event will involve an energetic dance routine.
- must not contain any music.
- must be suitable for display and publication online and should not be obscene or indecent (including but not limited to nudity, pornography or profanity); must not contain defamatory statements or words or symbols that are offensive either generally or to individuals of a certain race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation or socioeconomic group; must not include threats to any person, place, business or group; must not invade privacy or other rights of any person, firm or entity; and must not in any other way violate applicable laws and regulations or network standards;
- must not contain or refer to any products other than Ben & Jerry’s products and must not contain or reference trade marks or branding;
- must not contain any music or other copyrighted works.
7. If you submit an entry that includes material the rights in which are owned by a third party, including intellectual property rights such as copyright and trade marks, you will be responsible for any legal action that results.
- The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any entry which in its sole discretion could be construed as being inappropriate, unlawful or contrary to these terms and conditions.
- The Promoter may publish video content on the Ben & Jerry's UK Facebook and Twitter channels, and may ‘tag’ the entrant. Entries received after the closing time will not be entered into the competition but may still be published.
- By submitting your entry, you grant the Promoter a perpetual, worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, sub-licensable and transferable licence to use, reproduce, distribute, and make derivative works of your entry in any media and through any media channel.
- The entry shall be the entrant’s own work. By entering the competition each entrant warrants that their entry shall not have been previously published or exploited in any part and will not infringe any copyright, right of privacy, right of publicity or personality or any other right whatsoever of any third party.
12. No applications from agents, third parties, organised groups or applications automatically generated by computer will be accepted. No incomplete, or corrupted entries will be accepted.
13. Responsibility is not accepted for entries lost, damaged or delayed as a result of any network, computer hardware or software failure of any kind. Proof of sending will not be accepted as proof of receipt.
14. All valid entries received by the closing date will be judged by members of Ben & Jerry’s. The best entry in the opinion of the judges, will win the prize.
There is only one prize and one individual winner. The competition winner will receive:
- a year’s supply of Ben & Jerry’s ice cream (12 vouchers each of which are redeemable for a 500ml tub of Ben & Jerry’s ice cream or frozen yoghurt); and
- the chance to dance with Boadicea at a live event in the morning of 20 June 2012, in an event to support the Better Dairy Campaign (visit www.happycows.eu to learn more about the campaign).
- There is no cash alternative. If the winner does not attend at the stated time, or appears unfit to take part, the prize is forfeited.
- Participation in the event on 20 June 2012 will be filmed and photographed. By taking part, you grant us a perpetual, worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, sub-licensable and transferable licence to use, reproduce, distribute, and make derivative footage and images of your participation in any media and through any media channel.
18. In the event of any dispute the decision of the Promoter is final. In the event of unforeseen circumstances the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize for an alternative of equal or greater value. No correspondence will be entered into.
19. The winner will be notified by phone/email between 12pm and 5pm BST on 19 June 2012. If the winner does not confirm that they will attend the live performance on 20 June, within one hour of the Promoter attempting contact, the Promoter reserves the right to offer the prize to a substitute winner selected in accordance with the promotion rules.
20. The winner’s details (name and county) will be made available on request to those writing to ‘Supporting Better Dairy Competition, Ben & Jerry’s, Unit A, Riding Court, Riding Court Road, Datchet, SL3 9JT within ten weeks after the closing date, enclosing a stamped SAE.
21. The winner may be required to participate in publicity arising from this promotion.
22. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. You are providing information to the Promoter and not to Facebook.
23. By entering the promotion, all entrants will be deemed to have accepted and be bound by the rules and consent to the transfer of their personal data to the Data Controller for the purposes of the administration of this promotion and any other purposes to which the entrant has consented. All entry instructions form part of the rules.
24. These terms and conditions and any issues or disputes which may arise out of or in connection with these terms and conditions (whether such disputes or issues are contractual or non-contractual in nature, such as claims in tort, for breach of statute or regulation or otherwise) shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law. Entrants hereby irrevocably submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts to settle any such dispute or issues.
Promoter and Data Controller: Unilever UK Limited, Unilever House, Springfield Drive, Leatherhead, Surrey, KT22 7GR (Please do not send entries to this a