Think you know bread and butter pudding? You won’t know what you’ve been missing until you’ve tried it chocolate-ified and made with Ben & Jerry’s Phish Food ice cream. This is a real game-changer, chocolate lovers.Read More
- 115 grams butter, at room temperature
- 50 grams granulated sugar
- 65 grams brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 125 grams plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 175 grams semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 55 grams coarsely chopped walnuts (optional)
- Pre-heat the oven to 175 °C/ 350 °F
- Beat the butter and both sugars in a large mixing bowl until light and fluffy. Add the egg and vanilla extract and mix well.
- Mix the flour, salt and baking powder in another bowl. Add the dry ingredients to the batter and mix until well blended. Stir in the chocolate chips and walnuts (if desired).
- Drop the dough, using a small ice-cream scoop, 4 to six centimetres apart on an ungreased baking sheet. Flatten each scoop with the back of a spoon to about 7.5 centimetres in diameter.
- Bake until the centres are still slightly soft to the touch, 11 to 14 minutes. Let cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes, then transfer to racks to cool completely.
Makes 12 to 15 giant cookies
*This recipe comes from the Ben & Jerry’s Homemade Ice Cream & Dessert Book, and was used in the original Scoop Shop.
Are you ready to meet your new favourite pastries? Like, really ready? Because once you start munching on these, there’ll be no going back...Read More
Ice cream tacos for brunch? Oh, yes! Way tastier than that avo on toast you make every weekend and so adorably Instagram-worthy that eating them will be second to snapping some great pics.Read More