Who says potatoes can’t be dessert? Pop a slice of sweet potato in the toaster and top it with all your favorites, like Moo-phoria Caramel Cookie Fix light ice cream.Read More - Recipe: Caramel Cookie Sweet Potato Toast Topper Read More
- 115 grams butter, at room temperature
- 50 grams granulated sugar
- 65 grams brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 125 grams plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 175 grams semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 55 grams coarsely chopped walnuts (optional)
- Pre-heat the oven to 175 °C/ 350 °F
- Beat the butter and both sugars in a large mixing bowl until light and fluffy. Add the egg and vanilla extract and mix well.
- Mix the flour, salt and baking powder in another bowl. Add the dry ingredients to the batter and mix until well blended. Stir in the chocolate chips and walnuts (if desired).
- Drop the dough, using a small ice-cream scoop, 4 to six centimetres apart on an ungreased baking sheet. Flatten each scoop with the back of a spoon to about 7.5 centimetres in diameter.
- Bake until the centres are still slightly soft to the touch, 11 to 14 minutes. Let cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes, then transfer to racks to cool completely.
Makes 12 to 15 giant cookies
*This recipe comes from the Ben & Jerry’s Homemade Ice Cream & Dessert Book, and was used in the original Scoop Shop.
Ben & Jerry's Ice Cube Tray TrufflesRead More - Ben & Jerry's Ice Cube Tray Truffles Read More
Two ingredients are all it takes to make this swirly, whirly ice cream bread that will impress the whole crew. Top it with more Ben & Jerry’s for even more euphoria!Read More - Recipe: 2-Ingredient Ice Cream Bread Read More