SOCIAL POST BASED ENTRY
1. This promotion is open to residents of the UK aged 18 or over except employees of the Promoter, their families, agents or anyone professionally connected with the promotion.
2. To enter, either
1. Visit the Ben & Jerry’s twitter account where the competition posted- @BenandJerrysUK, follow @BenandJerrysUK and tweet a video or photo of yourself creating a dessert using a Ben & Jerry’s Non-Dairy ice cream using the hashtag #BenAndJerrysVeganuary OR
2. Make an in-feed post or Reel on Instagram video or photo of yourself creating a dessert using a Ben & Jerry’s Non-Dairy ice cream using the hashtag #BenAndJerrysVeganuary OR
3. Visit the Ben & Jerry’s UK Facebook account and reply to the competition post with video or photo of yourself creating a dessert using a Ben & Jerry’s Non-Dairy ice cream using the hashtag #BenAndJerrysVeganuary
Entrants entering either through Instagram or Twitter must have their privacy settings on public for the duration of the competition to enable Ben & Jerry’s to view their entry post. Any entrant found to use multiple Twitter, Facebook or Instagram accounts to enter will be ineligible. Entrants may only enter on one of the above platforms (Facebook, Instagram or Twitter). Entrants found to have entered the competition on more than one platform will be ineligible.
All posts need to include the hashtag #BenAndJerrysVeganuary to be eligible for the competition.
For entry to be valid, the Ben & Jerry’s ice cream featured in the entry post needs to be from the B&J’s vegan range. The entrant is free to choose any flavour within the B&Js vegan range for their entry.
3. The opening date for entries is 9am GMT on Saturday 1st January to and the closing date for receipt of entries is 11:59pm GMT on Monday 31st January.
4. The promotion is limited to one entry per person per Instagram or Facebook or Twitter account. No entrant may win more than one prize. Prizes are limited to one per household.
5. There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary for entry.
6. Each entry:
a) must be suitable for display and publication online and should not be obscene or indecent (including but not limited to nudity, pornography or profanity), it must not contain defamatory statements or words or symbols that are offensive either generally or to individuals of a certain race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation or socioeconomic group. It must not include threats to any person, place, business or group, it must not invade privacy or other rights of any person, firm or entity, and it must not in any other way violate applicable laws and regulations or network standards;
b) must not contain or refer to any products other than those of Ben & Jerrys and it must not contain or reference any third party trade marks or logos (other than those of Ben & Jerry’s) unless such inclusion is merely incidental and is not unduly prominent and as long as it is included with due cause and in such a way that it does not take unfair advantage of any third party trade marks; and
c) must be the entrant’s own work and must not contain any copyright protected works (other than as owned by the entrant).
7. If anyone other than you appears in your entry, you must have their permission to use their name and/or likeness in the manner contemplated by this promotion.
8. If any group of people elects to collaborate on a submission, they are required to designate one person as the agent of the group to enter the promotion, agree to these terms and conditions and accept the prize on behalf of the group.
9. Entries received in connection with this promotion may be reviewed by the Promoter or a third party moderator after they have been placed online to confirm they comply with these terms and conditions. If any such entries are or could reasonably be construed as being unlawful or contrary to these terms and conditions, we may remove them from Ben & Jerry’s social accounts immediately. The Promoter reserves the right to delete or remove any published entries from Ben & Jerry’s at any time without prior notice to entrants.
10. If you submit an entry that includes material the rights in which are owned by a third party, including intellectual property rights such as copyright and trade marks, you will be responsible for any legal action that party may take against you.
11. Entrants shall indemnify and hold the Promoter and their respective affiliates, directors, agents, or other partners ("the Indemnitees") harmless from any claims, actions, proceedings, costs (including reasonable legal fees) and expenses brought or asserted by a third party against any of the Indemnitees arising as a result of the Promoter's use of the entrant's submission including but not limited to any breach of third party intellectual property rights.
12. No applications from agents, third parties, organised groups or applications automatically generated by computer will be accepted. No incomplete or corrupted entries will be accepted. Entries will only be accepted if they comply with all entry instructions.
13. By participating in this promotion, you agree to release, discharge and hold us harmless from any and all injuries, liability, losses and damages of any kind resulting from your participation in this promotion (save that nothing shall limit our liability for fraud, or for death or personal injury caused by our negligence).
14. By submitting your entry, you grant us a perpetual, worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, sub-licensable and transferable licence to use, reproduce, distribute, and make derivative works of your entry in any media and through any media channel.
15. Responsibility is not accepted for entries lost, damaged or delayed as a result of any network, computer hardware or software failure of any kind. Proof of sending will not be accepted as proof of receipt.
16. There will be one winner selected from all valid entries. The winner will
a) Receive 24 FREE pint coupons worth two years supply (24x 500ml tubs) of B&J’s ice-cream from any vegan range. Total approximate value of the coupons is £140. The prize will be issued as 24 free pint coupons, delivered to the winner in four batches (6 coupons delivered every 6 months). The winner can redeem the coupons against any of the non-dairy 500ml B&J’s flavours they would like. Coupon T&Cs apply: Coupons are valid for 6 months from the date of issue (first batch is valid until 18th April 2022). The coupons can be redeemed in participating retailers only (all major retailers in the UK excluding online). Each coupon holds a value of £5.99 (if the total value of the ice cream is less than £5.99 the voucher can also be redeemed on other goods sold by the retailer). You must spend at least this amount for the voucher to be valid at the checkout. Where the product is priced above £5.99 the difference must be paid by you. You may use up to 2 coupons within one purchase.
b) have their entry post featured on the B&J’s Veganuary contest webpage until the 28th February 2022 on https://www.benjerry.co.uk/whats-new/2022/01/veganuary
c) receive a prize bundle of Ben & Jerry’s merchandise. This prize bundle consists of (1x B&J’s branded cup, 1x B&J’s branded travel mug, 1x B&J’s branded pint glass, 1x B&J’s branded ice cream scooper, 1x B&J’s branded candle, 1x B&J’s branded pint lock, 1x B&J’s branded socks, a set of 4 B&J’s branded bamboo bowls , 1x B&J’s branded keychain, 1x B&J’s branded toothpick holder, 1x B&J’s branded frisbee, 1x B&J’s branded apron, 1x B&J’s branded travel pillow, 1x B&J’s branded pencil, 1x B&J’s branded pen, 6x B&J’s branded stickers, 1x B&J’s branded tote bag. This prize bundle amounts to approximately £187.
17. The prize is as stated in clause 16. No cash or any other alternatives will be offered. Prizes are not transferable.
18. All valid entries will be assigned a number in order of entry and the winning number will be selected by a random number generator from all valid entries received by the closing date. In the event of any dispute, the decision of the Promoter is final. In the event of unforeseen circumstances, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize for an alternative of equal or greater value. No correspondence will be entered into.
19. The winner will be notified by a direct message from @BenandJerrysUK on either Twitter, Facebook, or Instagram (depending on which platform the entrant used to enter the competition) within 28 days of the closing date. To claim their prize, winners must, within 28 days of the notification. If the prize is unclaimed after this time, it will lapse and the Promoter reserves the right to offer the unclaimed prize to a substitute winner selected in accordance with the promotion rule.
1. Respond to the direct message confirming their full name and address; and
2. Complete and return the release form sent to them by firstname.lastname@example.org which will give B&J’s permission to use the entry they created for the promotion.
20. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Twitter, Facebook, or Instagram. Entrants are providing information to the Promoter and not to Twitter, Facebook, or Instagram. Entrants release Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram for all claims and liabilities arising in respect of the promotion.
22. These terms and conditions and any issues or disputes which may arise out of or in connection with these terms and conditions (whether such disputes or issues are contractual or non-contractual in nature, such as claims in tort, for breach of statute or regulation or otherwise) shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law. Entrants hereby irrevocably submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts to settle any such dispute or issues. As concerns UK residents, these terms and conditions and any issues or disputes which may arise out of or in connection with these terms and conditions (whether such disputes or issues are contractual or non-contractual in nature, such as claims in tort, for breach of statute or regulation or otherwise) shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law. Entrants hereby irrevocably submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts to settle any such dispute or issues.
Promoter and Data Controller: Unilever UK Limited, Unilever House, Springfield Drive, Leatherhead, Surrey, KT22 (please do not send entries to this address).