Is anything sweeter than drizzling your favourite sauce over your favourite chunky, swirly vegan ice cream? How about ice cream inspired sauces that can go with ANY meal. Sounds pretty good to us!
In honour of World Vegan Month, we teamed up with our friends – the masterminds of vegan comfort food, Biff’s to create two easy to make ice cream inspired dipping sauces which can be paired with all kinds of sweet and savoury dishes from sundaes to stir fries.
Biff's Easy Pea-nutty Butter Sauce
Salted peanut butter makes everything better - and this lipsmacking combo in liquid form lifts sweet and savoury dishes in equal measure. Plus, it can be made in literally 30 seconds, if you're really against the clock.
150g smooth peanut butter or any nut butter of your choice
150ml of your fave plant milk, we suggested roasted hazelnut milk
¼ tsp sea salt1 tbsp of sweet or neutral tasting oil, we suggest peanut, almond or avocado
1. Add all ingredients to a smoothie style blender such as Nutribullet, or, alternatively place in a bowl and use a hand blender
2. Blend the mixture until smooth
3. YOU’RE DONE!
TOP TIP: Perfect for pouring over your favourite ice cream as-is, or warmed up in a microwave (using a microwave safe bowl or mug) to make a hot peanut butter sundae, sprinkled with cookie pieces.
Biff’s Miso Salted Caramel Sauce
Salty-sweet vegan caramel sauce with an umami miso kick, this weird but wonderful sticky sauce works as a dessert topping or in East Asian-inspired savoury dishes.
1 can coconut milk (400ml)
150g soft light brown sugar
2 tbsp brown miso paste
1 tsp soy sauce
1. Combine all ingredients in a saucepan
2. Bring the pan to a rapid boil on medium to high heat for 15 mins, stirring regularly with a silicone spatula to stop sticking
3. Turn down to medium heat for another 5 minutes, ensuring the liquid remains consistently bubbling (a ‘rolling boil). Keep giving it a stir.
4. When ready, the caramel should be thick, but pourable - turn off the heat and leave to cool
TOP TIP: Drizzle over Crispy Fried Jackfruit Wingz, then top with your favourite sriracha hot sauce and sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds
It's Like Dessert For Your Inbox
Sign Up For Our Email Newsletter & Get The Inside Scoop!